ABOUT US

The North Dakota Cowboy Hall of Fame was founded in 1995. Operating as a 501(c)3, the NDCHF is governed by its Board of Directors and led by an Executive Director. The NDCHF relies on, and is grateful for, the generous contributions of our faithful supporters. 

ADDRESS

250 Main Street

PO Box 137

Medora, ND 58645-0137

701-623-2000

heritage@northdakotacowboy.com

SUBSCRIBE FOR EMAILS
  • Grey Facebook Icon
  • Grey Twitter Icon
  • Grey Instagram Icon
Pre-1940 Ranching
Inducted 1998

Angus Kennedy Sr. was born in Ontario, Canada, in 1886. In 1901, when Angus was 15, his family moved to Miles City, Montana.


He arrived in the Tobacco Garden Bay area of McKenzie County in 1904 with just a saddle and a pack horse. Angus found jobs with local ranchers but soon went into the cattle business himself, running them on the open range and in the river breaks until 1915.


He bought an old “line camp” that became home for the Kennedy family for the next 25 years. Angus also acquired a lease on the Fort Berthold Indian Reservation, which he and other well-known ranchers operated for nearly 50 years.


Angus was a charter member of the North Dakota Stockmen’s Association and served as director and president. He was also a founder of the McKenzie County Grazing Association.
He died in 1965 and is remembered by family members as an honest, hard-working man who cherished his family and community.